All of us at NLAC had hoped when the fall season arrived, we would be on a different footing with COVID -19. The reality is, we are not, and our younger swimmers are not yet able to be vaccinated. Thus, we remain in the same position with the safety of all our members as our paramount concern. We kindly ask that you read on to understand the safety measures we have in place, the expectations, and the considerations we all must put forth to keep the NLAC family and staff safe and healthy.
General Safety Protocols
- We kindly ask that one uses hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- The CDC has recommended anyone indoors, regardless of vaccination status, should wear a mask to reduce possibility of COVID -19 transmission. This applies to areas where COVID-19 transmission is in the “substantial” or “high” categories.
- As per our general safety rule, we will continue to ask that parents, caregivers, and siblings refrain from being on the pool deck at all times. The pool deck is for swimmers and staff only.
- The locker rooms will remain closed.
- Only one caregiver per child in the lesson pool.
- If one is feeling ill, or has a temperature, we ask that hold off coming to the facility and notify your coach.
In-House Safety Measures
- Award-Winning Neptune Benson Defender Water Filtration System capable of filtering down to 1 micron. It has rapidly become the premier system in the industry and filters our 320,000 gallons 4 times a day.
- ETS-UV Generator providing extra protection by disinfecting every drop of pool water daily through UV light. Per the CDC, UV light is a very effective COVID-19 disinfectant.
- AK110 Water Chemistry Digital Water Controller automatically maintains he required pH and Chlorine levels for proper disinfecting, while balancing swimmer comfort. Per the CDC and USA Swimming, Chlorine is a very effective disinfectant of COVID-19. As an added measure, we also test the water every hour.
- The Paddock Deck Drain Evacuator is a patented solution that pulls 6,650 cubic feet of Chloramines per minute off the water’s surface and exhausts it to the exterior of the building providing pool users with the healthiest, most pristine air possible.
- The Trident CO2 Injection System is a very safe effective way of controlling our pools PH and reduces the need for harsh irritating and smelly chemicals.
- Desert Aire SelectAire Series Dehumidifier units are one of the finest, most efficient large capacity systems in industry and ensures clean air and proper air temperature and humidity levels. We have two.
- If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or have tested positive for having COVID-19, stay home.
- If you must sneeze or cough, do so into your arm, and then use one of the many hand sanitizer stations.
- Please exercise frequent us of hand washing and hand sanitizers. We are constantly wiping down our surfaces with disinfectant and need your help too.
- Social distance from your friends and neighbors. A little extra distance between us won’t hurt anyone and hopefully will serve as an additional protective measure.
NLAC is a swimming pool facility where people come for health and enjoyment. We promote and strive for a family atmosphere. Our environment, by the nature of a swimming pool facility, is very safe due to the measures we take to ensure clean and healthy water. We do ask that each person take every responsible measure to protect their own health and the health of others with whom they come in contact so we can move forward to a healthier and safer future.