The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of the upmost importance. Please review the following policies.
NL Aquatic Center General Membership Policy
Cancellation & Terms
- NL Aquatic Center Memberships are sold with a 3 month minimum obligation. After the 3 month time period has been met, the membership will auto-renew on a month-to-month basis. Members must provide notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days prior to membership termination. We will not accept verbal commitments to cancel pool memberships. Termination will be set for 30 days from the date we receive notification, and a final billing will be processed.
- Memberships and member privileges are not transferable.
- Membership dues, joining fees, and program fees are subject to change.
NL Aquatic Center SJAC Family Memberships
The NL Aquatic Center SJAC Family Membership is discounted for individuals on the SJAC Swim Team and those taking lessons with the SJAC Swim School. The discounted contract requires a minimum membership of three (3) months. Members on the SJAC Competitive Swim Team must maintain a membership while they are on the team. Members of the SJAC II Team (Senior II, Gold II, Gold III, and Silver II teams) must maintain membership during their designated session for a minimum of three (3) months. After the terms of the membership ends, memberships will auto renew. To terminate a membership, members must provide notice in writing by letter or email to email@example.com 30 days prior to membership termination. We will not accept verbal commitments to cancel pool memberships. Termination will be set for 30 days from the date we receive notification, and a final billing will be processed.
SJAC Swim School Lesson Requirements
Anyone participating in the SJAC lesson program (which includes the Junior Team, Home School, and Fit-Tech programs) has the option to either become a member of the NL Aquatic Center facility (at the SJAC Family Membership discounted rate) or pay an annual fee. Members benefit from a discounted rate on the lesson program which will be applied when you register for lessons.
Liability & Indemnity
Members agree to all terms and conditions listed in the Release and Wavier of Liability and Indemnity Agreement, and all Facility Rules and Policies. All necessary forms and waivers must be completed before using any portion of the facility.
Pool Rules & Conduct
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of the upmost importance. NL Aquatic Center reserves the right to revoke any membership at any time if a member fails to comply with facility policies or endangers the safety of other members and guests. All guests and visitors shall abide by the rules and regulations of the NL Aquatic Center facility listed above. Pool rules are clearly and visibly posted within the aquatic center for members. Lifeguards on duty shall enforce all pool rules and have the authority to suspend pool and membership privileges if rules are violated. Members are responsible for guests and their behavior, and guests must follow all facility policies.
Cancellation and Weather Policy
General Membership Cancellation Policy:
Members must provide notice in writing by letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days prior to membership termination. We will not accept verbal commitments to cancel pool memberships. Termination will be set for 30 days from the date we receive notification, and a final billing will be processed.
Class and Appointment Cancellation Policy (Group Aquatic Exercise, Swim Smart and Aquatic Therapy):
- Individuals can cancel their classes or appointments using the MindBody online application, or by calling the NL Aquatic Center at 856-335-3007. There are no refunds or credits given for withdrawals from group aquatic classes if made less than six (6) hours prior to the class. Failure to cancel in advance will result in being charged for the class or appointment.
- A class may be canceled when the required minimum enrollment is not met. Earliest notification will be given and the participant will receive a full refund.
- Classes cannot be transferred to another party. Classes can only be attended by the person/family who is registered.
- Any classes canceled due to severe weather, or other emergency will be credited back to the members account.
Weather and Safety Policy:
In the event of severe weather, NL Aquatic Center staff will closely monitor local radar and weather reports. If necessary, the pools will be closed and guests will be asked to exit the water. In the event of severe weather or unsafe conditions, closing of the facility will be at the discretion of NL Aquatic Center staff. Participants will be immediately notified by NL Aquatic Center staff and cancelations will be posted on our website.
Facility Policy and Rules
- All persons must register at the front desk and complete all necessary forms and waivers before using any portion of the facility.
- Memberships and member privileges are not transferable.
- Membership dues, joining fees and program fees are subject to change.
- The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of the upmost importance. NL Aquatic Center reserves the right to revoke any membership at any time if a member fails to comply with facility policies or endangers the safety of other members and guests.
- Guests and visitors shall abide by the rules and regulations of the NL Aquatic Center. Lifeguards on duty shall enforce all pool rules and have the authority to suspend pool and membership privileges if rules are violated.
- Members are responsible for guests and their behavior, and guests must follow all facility policies.
- Possession of illegal drugs, beer, and alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the premises.
- Harassment is not tolerated by NL Aquatic Center. The term “harassment” includes, but is not limited to, slurs, jokes and other verbal, graphic, or physical contact relating to an individual’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, or handicap. “Harassment” also includes sexual favors, unwelcome or offensive touching, and other verbal, graphic, or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- Foul and abusive language is unacceptable.
- Abuse and/or misuse of NL Aquatic Center property and equipment is unacceptable. Violators will be held financially responsible for damages and losses. Violators will be asked to leave the premises and action may result in entry privileges being suspended or revoked.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the facility. Food and beverages are not allowed on the pool deck or in the dryland area. Water and sports drinks, however, are permitted in the facility and on the pool deck.
- Shoes must be worn outside of the pool area at all times.
- Patrons are fully responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged. All personal items must be removed from the NL Aquatic Center and locker room areas by the end of each day.
- Patrons may not display actions that Staff deem unsportsmanlike or rude.
- Persons with infectious diseases are prohibited from using the facility. Individuals with an open wound will not be allowed in the swimming pools.
- Cell phones, cameras or other electronic devices may not be used or visible in the locker rooms. This especially applies to cell phones. Step into public area to use your phone. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- A cleansing shower should be taken before entering the pools and before returning to the pools after the use of the restroom in any way.
- Children three (3) years of age and under must wear swim diapers. All other diapers are prohibited in the pools.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- Glass containers are prohibited in the Aquatic Center
- Activity Rules
- Non-swimming children or children five (5) years of age and under must be accompanied in the water by a parent, guardian, or chaperone at all times, with the exception of classes.
- Chaperones must be at least fourteen (14) years of age.
- Children eleven (11) years and under must be supervised at all times by a parent, guardian, or chaperone, with the exception of classes.
- Swimsuits must be worn in the Aquatic Center at all times. Swimming in street clothing such as cut-off sweat pants, jeans, t-shirts, etc. is prohibited.
- Do not play on steps or ladders.
- Back flips, back jumps, and back dives are not allowed.
- The starting blocks may only be used by trained competitive swimmers under the proper supervision of a USA Swimming credentialed coach.
- Flotation devices are prohibited in all NLAC pools except for properly fitted Coast Guard approved vests. These may be used in shallow water areas.
- Wearing an approved life jacket does not modify age restrictions that may apply.
- Lifeguard staff must approve all play toys brought into the pool area.
- All equipment provided is available for patron use and enjoyment. Please use with caution.
SJAC Swim School Payment Policy
- Your group lessons must be paid for prior to your first class. If payment is not received prior to your first class you will lose your spot in the session and your lessons will be canceled.
- Your private lessons must be paid prior to your first class. If payment is not received by your second class you will lose your spot and your lessons will be canceled. Renewals must be paid for prior to the end of the current session to reserve your day/time for the next session. Private lessons must be used within one year from date purchased or they will expire – no exceptions!
- Please contact our office at 856-335-3007 for installment options regarding private lesson packages, or if you have multiple swimmers in our learn-to-swim program.
SJAC Swim School Make-Up Policy
- It is your responsibility to show up on time for ALL of your scheduled lessons. Our classes do run back to back. If you show up 5-10 min late, your class has started and you may not make that time up!
- Group make ups will be held only during end of session make up weeks during your normally scheduled lesson time. We offer 2 make-ups for sessions that include 8 or more lessons.
- Water Babies make ups may be done at any time during the session so long as there is room in the class. We will do our best to accommodate the schedule change for that week. This can only be done a maximum of 2 times per session.
- Privates must cancel 24 hrs in advance to avoid being charged for a missed lesson.
- A 6 pack of private lessons must be completed within 9 weeks unless extended by the Lesson Director.
- Private Lessons must be renewed before or on the last lesson of the current session to reserve your day/time.
- If your swimmer does not show up for his/her lesson and no one is notified you will be charged for the missed lesson.
- If you need to switch your day/time during the session please notify the office as soon as possible, we will do our absolute best to accommodate your needs.
- Should there be an emergency or extreme circumstances please contact our office as soon as possible and we will be happy to work with you.
NL Aquatic Center requires a non-refundable deposit of 50% for a rental over $200. Deposit must be made within 14 days of reservation. If a deposit is not received, the rental will be released and requested space will be made available for other potential renters. Balance owed should be paid upon arrival on the day of the event.
If rental is fully cancelled due to facility closure a full refund of deposit will be given.
Lanes rented for lessons (group or private), must be rented by the instructor or coach and may not be rented by the individual(s) receiving the lesson.